- NZ owned, well-established family business, rapidly growing, Glenbrook based
- Auckland based with NZ wide travel. Tools of Trade provided
- Opportunity to influence, make decisions in a busy, varied role
- Competitive salary + vehicle + health insurance
About the business:
NZ company, established in the 70's is thriving. A rare opportunity for someone who has experience in training and development of Class 2, 4 and 5 drivers. Working in transportation and distribution of dangerous good, the ethos here calls for professional, honest, and down to earth people.
About the role:
Do you love being involved in the development of your team, supporting them to do the best they can, whilst meeting the safety standards?
You will have exceptional communication and excel in building and maintaining meaningful relationships. You will be working closely with your direct team including new starters to support their training and development. No two days are the same! You will be part of the recruitment, induction, training, health and safety and assessment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance are up to standards, including promoting 'safety first' policies
- Promote continuous improvement in workplace safety management
- Assist with training sessions, supervision, and toolbox meetings
- Flexibility to travel around the North Island an essential part of this role
- Networking to maintain and develop relationships with external providers
- Supporting with incident investigation, ensure all documentation is completed in a timely manner
Experience and requirements:
- Current clean Class 5 license (Must Have)
- 5 + years class 5 experience
- Experience within Dangerous Goods
- Previous coaching/training experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as logistics and planning skills
- An understanding of the road transport sector
This position will give you a real sense of purpose and grow your skillset. Click apply or if you would like to have a confidential chat, please give Lucy a call on 09 366 9977.