- Love outdoor education? Earn above market rate
- Training and professional development opportunities available
- Accommodation, food and power paid
This private school has a reputation of tradition, community and resilience. You'll be based at the beautiful outdoor recreation campus located between the Bombays and Hunua Ranges. It's a place where the whenua is rich and ākonga/learners are immersed in te taiao/the environment as part of their learning journey. Onsite there are a team of 20-25 staff and a good gender mix. You'll work alongside a team of super experienced Instructors from all over the world creating memorable outdoor experiences for students from year 7-13.
2024 sees the development of a whole new outdoor education programme. We are looking for Instructors who will come with ideas and passion and assist in the review and further programme development.
This is a live-in centre, you will be provided accommodation - families are welcome. There are stand-alone houses and flat units with shared kitchen/bathroom facilities. Or you could choose to commute if you reside locally. All meals are provided (apart from during school holidays) when students are on site and you'll get free power, internet and a phone allowance.
The key responsibilities of this job include:
- You will lead and instruct year 7-13 students across a variety of locations and a range of activities including: bushcraft, tramping, water sports, kayaking (lake and sea), sailing, snow, rock climbing, mountain biking and much more.
- Health & safety is integral, you'll ensure students are safe, properly supervised and their needs are met in the boarding facility (some pastoral/residential care required).
- Support and assist in all learning programmes on campus
- Contribute to the development and delivery of outdoor trips including - planning, logistics, delivery, student management, debrief & gear maintenance
- Assist and contribute to the review of Campus policy & procedures, H & S systems
- Adhere to all child safety policies, procedures and conduct requirements
There are two positions available, to start now or in January.
The Ideal Person
Will have at least 3 - 5 years' experience with NZOIA qualifications or similar experience that puts you close to being able to pass an NZOIA assessment. The key areas of experience are:
- Sea Kayak
- But we are happy to consider other NZOIA qualifications as well.
As part of a close knit team, personality and value alignment are important. The team are all passionate kaitiaki of the environment, many with interests in conservation. With a down to earth nature and genuine passion of outdoor education, you'll be a great fit for the team.
This is an amazing environment to be part of. If sounds like you, please contact Cherie Hill by clicking 'Apply' today.