- Option to live on board and get your own cabin and meals for free!
- 7 days on 7 days off or 2 weeks on 2 weeks off! Open to applicants from anywhere in NZ!
- $57k - competitive salary! Plenty of opportunity for career progression.
About the company
My client is a well-known New Zealand Freight and Ferry company who have been in operation in New Zealand for decades and have helped shape the country into what it is today! They have strong family values and pride themselves on taking care of and providing development for their employees!
About the role
We're on the hunt for resilient and reliable candidates who have a hospitality background and an interest in working on ships to join our fabulous crew! You'll be responsible for caring for passengers and providing the best service for them while on board. There is no need to be based in Wellington, we will consider applicants from all over the country, as long as you can get to Wellington for your shift start.
Daily you can expect to:
- Greet guests and help them on board the ship.
- Make coffees and work in the Café.
- Show guests off the ship when they disembark.
- Clean up the ship after shifts.
- This opportunity can be perm or fixed term for 3 or 6 months.
There are day shifts and night shifts, as well as options to work 1 or 2 weeks in a row - there is plenty of optional overtime.
We are looking for strong and resilient candidates who are able to keep their cool for 12 hour shifts and under high pressure situations. Your unflappable attitude and relentless ability to provide high quality customer service at all times will keep the guests calm and happy and provide them with the best possible ferry experience.
- Must have hospitality experience.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Must be able to swim.
- Be resilient and handle high pressure situations.
- Be a strong team player and able to get along with different personalities.
What's in it for you?
Training and career opportunities! Be out through certificates and have the ability to move into other areas of the business.
- Optional free accommodation and meals while working!
- Gorgeous scenery and travel while you work!
- Day shift or night shift available, 1-2 weeks off at the time!
- Competitive salary + employer will match Kiwisaver up to 8%.
- Opportunity to get into the maritime industry - skills that can take you all over the world! What else could you ask for?
If this sounds like you click APPLY NOW to be considered or call 09 366 9977 to speak with Lilly Dempsey.