Be a part of an active and dedicated group that's committed to delivering top-notch paediatric healthcare to our communities. Every day brings new opportunities to make a positive impact.
About the company
The organization provides health and disability services to over 500,000 people in central Auckland, as well as regional services for Northland and greater Auckland.
The company is a specialized paediatric healthcare service and a prominent teaching facility. It offers family-centered care for neonates, children, and young people across New Zealand and the South Pacific. It is the sole comprehensive children's hospital in New Zealand, catering to a population of approximately 1 million children.
About the role
We have permanent full-time or part-time Registered Nurse vacancies available in our Paediatric General and Medical Services team. The role encompasses various areas:
- You will provide medical assessment and management for children and young people in Central Auckland, including inpatient and outpatient services. This includes support for young people with eating disorders in collaboration with other healthcare teams.
- The Paediatric Neuro includes Neurosurgery, Neurology, Endocrine, Metabolics, and Developmental Paediatrics. You will be involved in the care of acutely unwell patients requiring inpatient treatment, outpatient review of neurological issues, and long-term management of chronic disorders.
- Includes an intensive observation area, where you will gain expertise in various pediatric clinical skills in the neurosurgical, neurology, endocrine, metabolic, and developmental areas.
- The Medical Specialities team provides tertiary and quaternary care to children with long-term and specialist medical conditions. This care spans from neonates to sixteen-year-olds, particularly focusing on Renal, Gastro, and Respiratory conditions. Additionally, you may be involved with the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), which serves as a national service for children needing intensive care and a regional service for high dependency care.
Throughout these roles in Auckland, New Zealand, our commitment is to deliver human-centred care, prioritizing the child's needs and recognizing the family's role as an integral part of the care team
- NZ Nursing Council registration or eligibility.
- Paediatric nursing experience, ideally with 2+ years in an acute setting.
- A strong commitment to quality care and a focus on the well-being of children and families (tamariki and whānau).
- Proficiency in working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Exceptional communication and critical thinking skills, with a dedication to family-centered care.
- A positive attitude, along with an innovative and adaptable approach to practice.
- A passion for, or a willingness to develop, child health nursing skills.
If you are interested in discussing the details of this position further, please get in contact with Emily today for confidential chat on 0223022120, or