- Represent a reputable charitable organisation, disabled community support
- Salary up to $75K + a Company vehicle! Get involved in meaningful mahi
- Take on an established portfolio! Greenlane Office with travel included
About the Client:
My client is on the hunt for a passionate Whānau engagement lead to join the team! Work for an organisation who supports people with disabilities in the community. This organisation has a real passion for supporting those in need and is looking for a candidate who is like minded to join their team! This is a really meaningful organisation where your mahi will be recognised. An opportunity to step into a truly fulfilling role.
About the Role:
This role will see you travelling around various service locations and community settings that are whānau focused. You will be the go-to person that represents the organisation, tangata whaikaha and their whānau, ensuring smooth and effective communication. In this role, you will be instrumental in ensuring the service provided is the best of it's kind, providing disabled people independence, freedom and a life of choice.
You will be involved in:
- Day to day planning and decision making
- Strategic planning
- Dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Leading improvement Initiatives
- Strong conflict resolution
- Providing leadership to whānau
We are looking for a candidate who has a deep understanding and respect for whānau cultural values, empathy for the experiences of tangata whaikaha and their whanau. You will be an advocate for supporting the disabled community, to provide leadership, guidance, conflict resolution and improvements that are in the best interest of the individual. You will ideally be coming from a similar role and have a background within the disability support sector or social services sector. You will:
- Have strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Be a natural leader, and have strong communication skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Strong commitment to the principles of choice, freedom, and independence for tanagata whaikaha
- Be familiar with disability support systems, laws and regulations
If this a role you would like to learn more about, please APPLY NOW or call Bec on 022 347 3114.